Shenandoah National Park Weddings

Here is what we have uncovered about planning a wedding at Shenandoah National Park:

Site Rentals: Skyland can accommodate up to 100 people in its conference building. Big Meadows can accommodate up to 40 people at the Massanutten Room. The price for Skyland is $2,000-$2,500 and the price for Big Meadows is $600-850. At these locations, the ceremony and reception must be completed in a 5 hour block. Quiet time for indoor group events, which is strictly enforced, is 9:30 pm at Skyland and 9 pm at Big Meadows.

Food and Beverage: There is a minimum spend required for use of the facility (not included in the site rental). This figure varies by date/season. For a reception at Skyland, there is a minimum of 50 paid adults required. The minimum is 35 paid adults at Big Meadows. A surcharge is assessed if these minimums are not met. Other than the wedding cake, only food and beverages provides by the lodge are permitted for on-site events. The average bar estimate is $15-30 per guest. Dinner charge depends on menu. Food prices are guaranteed 90 days prior to the date. Final food details are required 30 days prior to the event.

Decorations: A storage fee is charged for rental chairs, arch, etc. White tablecloths and napkins are available from the park. Special linen colors may be rented from a local provider. Flowers and large items may be delivered the day of the event. Delivery of smaller items prior to the event may be coordinated through the Wedding Events Coordinator. No rice, bird seed, confetti or similar objects are permitted.

Setup and Photography: Both are permitted starting two hours prior to the wedding ceremony.

Lodging: A group code is provided for the party. A deposit of one night’s room plus tax/surcharge is required at booking. There is a maximum number of rooms available for the wedding guests to ensure the availability of the park facilities to other guests.

Off-Site Weddings: If you wish to have your wedding in an area other than Skyland Resort or Big Meadows Lodge, then you will need to obtain a Special Use Permit.